I regard it as the foremost task of education to insure the survival of these qualities:  an enterprising curiosity, an undefeatable spirit, tenacity in pursuit, readiness for sensible self denial, and above all, compassion.
- Kurt Hahn
founder, Outward Bound

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Still Looking

I am still unable to find a place to hold my first meeting.  The school looked promising, but they cannot seem to find the form that I need to fill out to request use of the facilities.

I have tried several churches in the area, but they either don't rent their space or they charge an astronomical fee.  I am getting to the point where my house may be the best choice.  I would like to get this initial meeting done before October, but at this point I'm not sure that I will be able to give people enough notice for the meeting.

In addition to flyers, I would like to take out a small notice in the newspaper.  But both of those cost money and right now...well, money is very tight.

I'm going to make a few more phone calls today to see if I can find a place.  I'm also going to call the school district office to see if they have the facilities use form.

Keep your fingers crossed.

Oh...I also found an afterschool/support program in the area that sounds like a GREAT companion to our school.  Check it out.  It's called www.againstalloddsoutreach.com.  I've sent them an email and hope that they are willing to work together.

No comments: