I regard it as the foremost task of education to insure the survival of these qualities:  an enterprising curiosity, an undefeatable spirit, tenacity in pursuit, readiness for sensible self denial, and above all, compassion.
- Kurt Hahn
founder, Outward Bound

Monday, September 29, 2008

Business Plan

I have been working on the Business Plan aspect of the school today.  I figure that I had better file for incorporation and get my not-for-profit stuff going, but in order to do that I have to have Articles of Incorporation to submit to the state.  That means I have to write at least that part of the business plan.

I was hoping that I would have several people around to help with this task, but it may be a blessing in disguise.  This way I write the Business Plan and when I have a task force, I can give it to them for revisions.  Revising an already created plan is less challenging than creating one as a group from scratch.   Too many opinions to include.  If it's already written, people will be more likely to revise only the things that they feel strongly about and not fuss about the little details.

One thing that is hard for me is creating the infrastructure for the employees and the board.   I'm not sure exactly what it should look like.  I'm going to keep searching for some good models that are already out there.  No use reinventing the wheel, right?

No comments: