I regard it as the foremost task of education to insure the survival of these qualities:  an enterprising curiosity, an undefeatable spirit, tenacity in pursuit, readiness for sensible self denial, and above all, compassion.
- Kurt Hahn
founder, Outward Bound

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Found a Meeting Place!

Well, I guess persistence is a virtue.  I kept calling around and finally got one of the local churches to let me rent their sanctuary for my community forum.  Thing is, they charge $50, which isn't a lot of money for a rental, but it's a lot of money for us right now.  We'll set up the date for a few weeks from now and I'll start collecting quarters!

So, the meeting will be held at Grace Church on Goetz Road.  It's a small church but it's in a very easy location to find.  I want to make this meeting big enough to be worth my while so I am going to make door hangers for the neighborhood and try to get as many people as possible to the event.

I may even try to get a note in the local paper...maybe they'll do it for free in the events section.

Keep on moving forward!

No comments: