I regard it as the foremost task of education to insure the survival of these qualities:  an enterprising curiosity, an undefeatable spirit, tenacity in pursuit, readiness for sensible self denial, and above all, compassion.
- Kurt Hahn
founder, Outward Bound

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Meeting with CCSA

I had an informal meeting with the General Manager and Assistant General Manager for Riverside County Region California Charter School Association (mouth full, eh?).  We talked for about an hour about where I am at in the process, how the Charter Launch program could help me, and what I need to work on next.

Bottom line is...I need a TEAM.  I need to network until I come up with 3 or 4 like-minded individuals who believe enough in this charter school to dedicate their time and energy to its creation.  Where will these people come from?  I'm not sure.  I am new enough to the area that I don't have much in the way of connections, but I will talk with everyone I know.

My team needs to include people with experience in governance, education, finances, administration, and real estate...to name a few suggestions.  I want to create a team that comes from diverse backgrounds in this community, but who are able to come together with their knowledge to work toward a common goal.  Honestly, at this point, anyone with the passion to help is welcome.

The Charter Launch program will start in January 2009 and all team members will be welcome to attend workshops and benefit from the professional advice that CCSA will give us.  We will have many resources available and CCSA will guide us through the process to when we (hopefully) submit our petition in September 2009.  There is a general meeting on December 6th that CCSA has invited me and any potential team members to that will step us through the process of creating a charter school.  I hope to have at least two people coming with me to that meeting.

No comments: