I regard it as the foremost task of education to insure the survival of these qualities:  an enterprising curiosity, an undefeatable spirit, tenacity in pursuit, readiness for sensible self denial, and above all, compassion.
- Kurt Hahn
founder, Outward Bound

Sunday, October 12, 2008

A Buzz in the Air

I am hoping that the discussion that Menifee 24/7 can carry into the community enough to get people interested in coming to the informational meeting in November.  I am a little concerned that it's too far off in the future and that people will have forgotten about it by the time it happens.

It's exciting to hear that there are parents interested in the option.  I hope to be able to explain well enough that ELOB is a strong academic program and not a "squishy" charter school that doesn't meet standards.  I know that this is a stereotype that I will have to overcome.  I think it is possible simply because of the background and supporting studies of ELOB schools and their academic achievements across the country.

It's neat to listen to people debating the qualities of the school.  It gives me pause to think and decide each time for myself if my school vision is solid.  So far, it passes the test for me.

No comments: