I regard it as the foremost task of education to insure the survival of these qualities:  an enterprising curiosity, an undefeatable spirit, tenacity in pursuit, readiness for sensible self denial, and above all, compassion.
- Kurt Hahn
founder, Outward Bound

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Getting the Word Out

Here's what I posted on a community Menifee forum:

I am working to create a new charter school for the Menifee Union School District.  It will be based on Expeditionary Learning Outward Bound design principles (a proven framework in over 150 schools).  I am looking for other people interested in creating more choice for free education in our area.

Please attend my Informational Community Forum at Grace Church on Goetz Road on Tuesday, November 18th from 6:30 to 8:30pm.  I will talk about what a charter is, what ELOB is, and what we need to do to get this school going.

I'm hoping that as I start to get the word out on the internet, that the number of people who attend will grow.  I also posted a similar thing on the Menifee 24/7 website and I am going to post in on Craigslist in the Community section.

No comments: