I regard it as the foremost task of education to insure the survival of these qualities:  an enterprising curiosity, an undefeatable spirit, tenacity in pursuit, readiness for sensible self denial, and above all, compassion.
- Kurt Hahn
founder, Outward Bound

Monday, October 13, 2008

Door Hangers and EL Schools

I'm working on creating some door hangers to announce the Community Forum in November.  I have mixed emotions about using door hangers as I hate to find them on my door, but they do get to everyone.  I don't know where the money will come from to print them, but I'm sure we'll figure it out.  I'll enlist friends to help put them on doors when it's about two weeks out from the meeting date.

I got an email today from the California Regional Director for EL Schools.  It sounds like they are gearing up for some growth in the Los Angeles area.  He will be traveling here to meet with a few people in the coming weeks to discuss their plans.  I hope to find a time to meet with him as well. It would be great to have such wonderful professional development and school design support in place so early in the process.

No comments: