I regard it as the foremost task of education to insure the survival of these qualities:  an enterprising curiosity, an undefeatable spirit, tenacity in pursuit, readiness for sensible self denial, and above all, compassion.
- Kurt Hahn
founder, Outward Bound

Monday, October 27, 2008

Slowly but surely

I am working on building a team.  I have little in the way of flexibility to get out and about town without a vehicle, but I am drawing on my other networking skills...the internet and phone.

I have talked with two women now who are interested in helping.  To what degree, I'm not sure.  And then there is another friend of a friend who has voiced an interest.  Interest is good.  But what I'm going to need to find is commitment.  I need people who will step up and say, "Yes, this is a GREAT idea and I am willing to give my time to make it happen."

The woman I was going to meet with today had to reschedule due to an illness.  I hope that we can get together this week.  I would like to give her a task or two to work on.  I may just give her a call and chat instead of wait for the face to face.

No comments: